Total time: 20 minutes
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 5-inch piece of lemongrass, crushed
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 pounds mussels, scrubbed and cleaned
- 1 baguette, sliced into rounds
1. In a large heavy-bottomed saucepot (or two medium-size pots), melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the sliced shallots and cook until the shallots are soft, then add the garlic, ginger and lemongrass and cook until they become aromatic, around 30 seconds. Add the wine, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer.
2. Add the mussels to the pot, cover and cook until the mussels have steamed open, around 4 to 6 minutes, shaking the pot occasionally. Divide the mussels and the broth between four bowls, removing the lemongrass stalks, and serve immediately with the sliced baguette. Serves 4. Pair with a fresh Inzolia Coralto.